Ultrasonography is a routine diagnostic examination performed to visualize various organs. It is a painless, non-invasive and harmless method.
Ultrasound examinations in Sonomed are performed by high-class specialists from different fields of medicine on excellent-quality equipment.
In Sonomed we can examine the following organs and systems:
- The abdomen, with a detailed analysis of the liver, the gallbladder, the bile ducts, the pancreas, the spleen, the kidneys and the adrenal glands, the urinary bladder, the prostate, the walls of the gastrointestinal system and a Doppler analysis of the blood flow in abdominal blood vessels
- The thyroid gland, with an analysis of the size, structure, lumps or nodules with a qualification for biopsy if needed
- Gynaecological ultrasound assessing the uterus and its adnexa (Fallopian tubes, ovaries and ligaments) or fetal analysis
- Mammary glands, which allows to closely examine the structure and possible abnormalities with an analysis of their character – solid or fluid-filled with a possible qualification to fine-needle biopsy
- The prostate, to analyse the size of the gland and to search for signs of hypertrophy, constriction of the urethra or other abnormalities
- The neck and its lymphatic nodes
- The urinary system
- Echocardiography (cardiac echo)
- Doppler ultrasound of the peripheral arteries (carotid, aorta, iliac and the arteries of the lower extremity)
- Doppler ultrasound of the veins
- Musculoskeletal system (joints, muscles, fasciae and the skeletal system)
- Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsies